Sometimes inspiration comes in small packages.
Funny…practical…the best session I ever attended. Participants at our Service Talks & Team Building events tell us that we help them see their work in a whole new way.
Everyone needs a breath of fresh air. Some inspiration – a new perspective.
Our mastery of service, personal development and cultural transformation means that our talks aren’t only fun – they inform and inspire at all levels.
While we list a few our most popular talks below – we also love to develop customized talks based upon the specific needs & objectives of our audience.
Our Talks around Service & Personal Effectiveness
How Successful People deal with Difficult People (1 – 2 hours)
The topic of dealing with ‘difficult people’ is a big one.
Dealing with external Customers involves a different set of coping skills & techniques than dealing with difficult people at work or in your personal life.
That’s because external Customers have a commercial relationship with your brand and that comes with certain obligations and expectations on your part.
But colleagues, bosses, subordinates have a non-commercial relationship with you.
The key in these relationships is to protect yourself from unnecessary stress and at the same time hold on to your values, principles & productivity.
Part One: How successful people deal with difficult Customer interactions
- Using transactional analysis as way to understand how people behave
- The right & wrong ways to use empathy in a commercial relationship (external Customer)
- How to Say No (when you must) using UNER(R)
Part Two: How successful people deal with difficult people at work
- Why it’s important to learn how to deal with difficult people at work
- Definition: The 3 kinds of difficult people at work
- Common errors in dealing with difficult people at work
- Coping mechanisms that keep you in control
How to get better at Personal Effectiveness (1 – 2 hours)
The topic of developing your personal effectiveness is a big one.
But that’s ok because in our experience people rarely talk about personal effectiveness much less invest time and effort to develop it.
So, in this very focused session we will help people look at behaviours that could hold them back. And then progress into thoughts, words and actions that develop personal effectiveness.
This can be a controversial topic for people. It can be hard to let go of old thoughts and ideas.
But with reflection and change comes growth.
Part One: What holds people back
- Let’s diagnose your level of personal effectiveness
- What is personal effectiveness and why does it matter?
- The consequences of what you think, say and do
Part Two: Steps on the path to personal effectiveness
- Taking responsibility for your life & career
- Throw away these common myths about work
7 skills to cultivate that increase personal effectiveness
How to handle and manage change (1 – 2 hours)
The reason we don’t embrace change easily is because we are wired to prefer consistency and control.
Whether it’s a new boss, or a change in job scope – change comes faster today than at almost any previous time. But our wiring remains almost the same as it was thousands of years ago.
So ‘handling’ change means understanding our wiring – recognizing why we feel the way we do – and then working our way through the stages of change.
Of course – catastrophizing doesn’t help – so we also look at the Elevator approach to deal with fear and anxiety.
Our suggested content for the 1-hour workshop
Part One: It’s about lack of certainty
- What it means to feel in control
- The role of fear & anxiety
- The Elevator approach to managing fear & anxiety
Part Two: Handling change in a better way
- 5 things you can do to handle change
- We’re human – the logical stages of change
“Everything will be alright in the end. So, if it is not alright, it is not yet the end.”
What Motivation means in life and at work
The topic of motivation is a big one.
Interest is generally split across 2 categories of motivation, namely –
- How can I better motivate myself to be better and perform better?
- How can I better motivate others to be better and perform better?
Within each category there are any number of theories, findings and practical advice.
So, the question is – where should the focus be. On personal motivation? Or the motivation of others?
Of course, the two focus areas are intrinsically linked. People that self-manage better, are in a much better position to help others find their own motivation.
Our suggested content for the 1-hour workshop
Part One: What it means to be motivated
- To be motivated means to start with the Why
- It’s not about time management – it’s about priority management
- The roles of habit & sacrifice
- Happiness vs. meaning
Part Two: What it means to motivate others
- Intrinsic vs. extrinsic – what does it mean and how can you apply it
- You don’t really motivate others – you help them find their own motivation
- What it takes to create an environment where motivation can flourish
Our Team Building
Learn the Skills that Successful Auctioneers use to Present & Persuade
In a rapidly changing world, your Team Building program needs to keep up. Our ‘Behind The Scenes At The Auction House‘ program is an innovative way to build collaboration, confidence and shared memories.
Collaboration, interaction, building esprit de corps.
These are the hallmarks of a good Team Building program.
But a great Team Building program does more.
Participants leave with more confidence, new skills and a refreshed way of looking at the world.
Persuasion & the ability to present
Persuasion – and the ability to present – are skills that are instrumental to success in life.
Whether you’re convincing your boss to approve your project, or making a presentation to senior management, persuasive people get people on their side.
That’s why setting your Team Building event inside a real Auction House setting is so perfect.
What Auctioneers do
Auctioneers are expert communicators.
They blend facts and figures with sales techniques and story-telling to capture and hold their audience’s attention.
They must skilfully keep potential bidders energized and focused – often for hours.
They’re always thinking on their feet and ‘reading the room’.
Ultimately, they build a compelling narrative that results in the gavel going down with a loud thud and a cry of ‘sold’!
Our Behind the Scenes in an Auction House program was designed to deliver a Team Building experience that your Participants will never forget.
Hosted inside a 3,000 sq. ft. working Auction House in Singapore, you and your Team will:
- Take part in a Masterclass given by a professional Auctioneer
- Work in small teams to plan and prepare your own live auction
- Use genuine, pre-selected vintage and antique items to auction to your colleagues
- Take to the rostrum and become the Auctioneer in your own auction
It’s time for something different
For Human Resource professionals looking for something innovative and fun for your Team Members, this is a Team Building event like no other.
By the end of the session your Team Members will:
- Work together to plan and prepare a real auction
- Build confidence & improve presentation skills
- Understand how to develop & employ story-telling
- Learn the fine art of persuasion
- Gain practice in thinking on their feet
- Understand the role of ad libbing & humour
- Laugh and learn non-stop
We’re proud to introduce something innovative and special to the Team Building repertoire!
To learn more about our Team Building solution or any of our Service & Team Talks just drop a line!